Clarence Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Clarence Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing clarence.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Clarence for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Clarence?
Clarence Galleries and Museums
Galleries, museums, and historical venues are important to any community as they showcase the history, culture, and art of a place. The city of Clarence in Tasmania, Australia is home to several such sites that attract visitors from all over the world. Here is a comprehensive list of these sites along with their locations and descriptions.
1. Rosny Farm: Located at 48 Bligh Street, Rosny Park, Rosny Farm is a historical venue that dates back to 1818. The site features a collection of historic buildings, including a barn, a stables complex, and a farmer's cottage. The venue is used for a variety of events, including exhibitions, workshops, and concerts.
2. Clarence City Council Chambers: The Clarence City Council Chambers is a historic building located at 38 Bligh Street, Rosny Park. Built in 1888, the building is an outstanding example of Victorian architecture. It is used for council meetings, weddings, and other community events.
3. Tasmanian Transport Museum: Located in Glenorchy, the Tasmanian Transport Museum showcases the transportation history of Tasmania, including locomotives, buses, and other historic vehicles. The museum is open on Sundays from 1 pm to 4 pm.
4. Bellerive Historical Society Museum: The Bellerive Historical Society Museum is located at 8 Cambridge Road, Bellerive. The museum features exhibits on the history of Bellerive and its people. The museum is open on Wednesdays from 10 am to 3 pm and on the first Sunday of each month from 2 pm to 4 pm.
5. Mawson's Hut Replica Museum: The Mawson's Hut Replica Museum is a replica of the hut that was built by Sir Douglas Mawson and his team during their expedition to Antarctica in 1911-1914. The museum is located at the waterfront in Hobart and is open every day from 9 am to 5 pm.
6. Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery: The Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery is located in Hobart and features exhibits on Tasmanian history, art, and natural science. The museum is open every day from 10 am to 4 pm.
7. Maritime Museum of Tasmania: The Maritime Museum of Tasmania is located in Hobart and features exhibits on Tasmania's maritime history, including a collection of boats and ships. The museum is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
8. Richmond Gaol: The Richmond Gaol is a historic site located in the town of Richmond. Built in 1825, the gaol is one of the oldest in Australia. The site is open every day from 9 am to 5 pm.
9. Coal River Farm: Coal River Farm is located in Richmond and is a working farm that offers tours and tastings. The farm produces a variety of products, including cheese, chocolate, and wine. The farm is open every day from 9 am to 5 pm.
10. Richmond Bridge: The Richmond Bridge is a historic bridge located in the town of Richmond. Built in 1823, the bridge is the oldest in Australia and is still in use today. The bridge is open to pedestrians and offers a great view of the surrounding area.
Clarence in Tasmania, Australia is home to several sites that showcase the history, culture, and art of the area. From museums to galleries and historical venues, there is something for everyone to explore in this beautiful part of the world.
Clarence Galleries and Museums Articles